The KLWP Beginner Series
If you are just getting started with KLWP, this series will get you off to a great start. We will actually create an entire preset through this series.
- Watch First - Posted July 2016. Addressing FAQs and KLWP Updates.
- Part 1 - Use the internet resources and visit online communities and forums to seek help from many KLWP users.
- Part 2 - This covers getting KLWP to work on your device. We explore some pre-built presets that are included with the app, as well as getting everything to match up with your launcher. I recommend using Nova Launcher, but there are other launchers that work just fine.
- Part 3 - The interface (Advanced Editor) in the KLWP app can be a bit overwhelming at first. Watch this video to see what each piece of the "Advanced Editor" is. You need to become familiar with this before creating your first kustom live wall paper.
- Part 4 - Overlap Groups and Stack Groups. They are two different things and they are very important in organizing and getting the information you want to show correctly and have it visually appealing. Through time, you will be using Overlap Groups and Stack Groups a lot in your wallpaper creation.
- Part 5 - Global Fonts and Global Colors. Globals are great to have in KLWP. You can quickly change MANY things such as fonts and colors instead of having to go to individual items to change them. Through time, you will learn that Globals have MANY more uses as well.
- Part 6 - Dynamically Changing Colors. You can code ("kode") KLWP to change colors based on the time of day. "Koding" in KLWP can become REALLY complex, but we start off with a basic kode in this video. You can also dynamically change many other things, but remember, we are still in the beginning phase of KLWP.
- Part 7 - Weather and More Kodes. More stack groups are used here to create a weather display. Temperature, forecast, etc. KLWP will allow you to get all the weather information you need in a visually appealing way, all created by YOU.
- Part 8 - Animations, Animating, Theme, Theming.... whatever you want to call it. Some basics of animation are covered here and this is where KLWP takes customizing to the NEXT step.
- Part 9 - Komponents, Progress Bars, and Math - Komponents are easy ways to save small bits of information for future presets. Progress Bars are neat ways to display battery information, time, or just about anything you can think of, BUT, this involves MATH! No wonder I enjoy this app so much!
- Part 10 - Music and Icon Fonts. Make a Music Player and create your own free icon fonts.
- The Functions of KLWP - Make sure to check out help.kustom.rocks for the entire function list.
- Fixing "Jacked Up" Presets - Screen count and device resolution/screen size will have an impact on how your wallpaper is displayed.
All of this content is free, but if you would like to donate a little something to help support the YouTube channel and fund future hardware and software purchases, feel free by using the PayPal donate button below.