Med Dosage/Drug Calculation Live Sessions From My Facebook Group
Facebook Group - Come on and join!
Medical Dosage Video Tutorials - These are older, but still VERY useful!
- A Basic Introduction to Dimensional Analysis - This video covers some older techniques to solving the types of problems you will encounter on a med dosage exam, but I'll also introduce you to a new method called Dimensional Analysis.
- Basic One-Step Problems - Yes, these problems can be completed without doing dimensional analysis. However, to tackle tougher problems later in this series, it is a good idea to get comfortable with dimensional analysis and we can do just that with these basic one-step examples.
- A Multi Step Rate Problem - You will spend quite a bit of time converting rates in your med dosage class. Here is an example of converting miles per hour to feet per second using dimensional analysis.
- Metric Conversions The FAST Way - Grams, Meters, Liters... You can handle the math the same way with all of these measurements using this shortcut!
- US/Household Volume Conversions - Gallons, quarts, pints, quarts and fluid ounces. Check out the Ms. Gal image below for a way to help you remember these conversions.
- Body Surface Area - Milligrams per square meter? Milligrams per milliliter? mg/mL? This problem is similar to a problem that I have seen on a med dosage math test.
- A Fusion Pump Example - This example works with various rates where dimensional analysis, with practice, can quickly answer the question being asked.
- Another Infusion Example - This one is different than Example 7.
- mg/kg/day - The amount of medication needed can vary quite often depending on the patient's weight. Milligrams per kilograms per day?